James Island County Park Campground is a great place for those looking for a camping experience near historic Charleston, South Carolina.
It offers one of the best campgrounds near Charleston and is definitely a convenient and affordable way to visit Charleston
James Island County Park is very large; it covers approximately 643-acres.
The campground offers a range of amenities and conveniences, and is a really comfortable place to stay.
- All of the camping sites have 20/30/50 amp electrical service
- The campground is staffed 24 hours a day in case you need assistance
- There is an activity center on site that includes
- Nice, modern bathhouses
- A dump station
- Free wifi.
- There is a full-service campground store that sells supplies, including propane, ice, and firewood and other camping necessities.
- The campsites offer
- Full RV hookups
- Grills and fire rings
- Picnic tables
- There is a laundry facility for campers to use
- The park has nicely paved roads and good RV access
- There are some 80ft. pull-thru sites for those with larger RVs
- Primitive campsites
- Accessible sites for visitors with disabilities.
The campground has round-trip shuttle service to downtown Charleston. The shuttle arrives and departs from the Downtown Convention and Visitor Bureau.
There is also shuttle service to and from the Folly Beach Pier, or Folly Beach County Park for only $10 per person.
One of the main attractions of the park is the Splash Zone Waterpark.
James Island County Park is a popular destination for both locals and tourists. The park has a wide range of outdoor activities and is a great place for visitors of all ages.